邵阳网首页 > 百科 > 如何撰写专业英文邮件:职场人必备写作技巧
如何撰写专业英文邮件:职场人必备写作技巧

如何撰写专业英文邮件:职场人必备写作技巧

在职场中写出封professional英文邮件对于有效沟通和展现专业素养至关重要。封professional邮件应该包括清晰主题和目礼貌称呼和尾简洁明了内容以及正确语法和拼写。本文将介绍如何通过适当用语、格式和态度撰写封professional英文邮件使收件人能够清晰理解您意图和期望。无论是与事、领导还是客户间进行沟通这些技巧都能帮助您树立积极职业形象提高工作效率促进职场发展。

日常工作中,邮件是很重要的一个组成部分。尤其是在外企,初入职场的新手往往难以写出一封令人满意的英文邮件,这里我们就通过8个点告诉职场新手如何写出一封漂亮的英文邮件。此外,我们还附上最常用的邮件固定表达供大家参考。

1. Never say “just”

不要用“just”这个词

作者先介绍了当初给供应商电话用“just”被上级批评。

I once had a boss who overheard me on the phone to a vendor saying, “I was just calling up to ask…” She stood over me for the rest of the call, and when I got off the phone the first thing she said to me was “You’re never ‘just’ doing anything. You’re doing it. No just.”

“just”是一个非正式语,充满了乞求甚至道歉的感觉。包括写邮件不要出现I’m just emailing to see if you have those reports”这种描述。

She told me that “just” was wishy-washy, and not authoritative, making me seem like I was somehow apologizing for whatever question I had. She said that in business, it was unnecessary to make apologies when working with a client for a mutually beneficial goal. And she’s right. Saying “just” in an email (i.e., “I’m just emailing to see if you have those reports”) sounds a lot like a passive apology for asking for a perfectly normal thing to ask for in a professional context. It’s like your mom caught you with your hand in the cookie jar and you stammer out an “I was just looking to see what was in there…” The fix here is simple: go back over your emails and delete any superfluous “just” (i.e. “I’m emailing to see if you have those reports.”)

2. Spell correctly

不要有错别字

这是必须的。错别字会让你这个人显得懒惰、粗心。尤其注意千万不要把对方名字写错。作者从来不答复把她名字都写错的邮件。好在现在有很多输入法是带拼写识别的,记得启用。

This is a no brainer. Spelling mistakes, whether they’re the result of you genuinely not knowing how to spell or simply because you were being lazy and mistyped something, make you look stupid, and are clearly very bad. Fortunately, computers are equipped with a nifty little thing that checks spelling for you. Also, pay extra attention to PROPER NOUNS, for the love of LinkedIn. You don’t want to spell the name of a HR person or a company you’re seeking employment from wrong in an email. As someone who has had to trawl through emails to employ people in the past, trust that I never replied to anyone who spelled my name wrong (“Cat” or “Kate”? Next!), regardless of how good their resume was, probably because I never bothered to read past the misspell in the first line of their email.

3. Use as few words as possible

别瞎BB废话多

特别中国人写英文邮件容易废话多,还觉得语法很漂亮。大多数职场人的邮件都很多,没空听你那精彩的人生故事,而是希望尽可能快地了解邮件意图。这里举了个例子。

Just be concise. No one wants your life story in an email. Everyone appreciates being able to get through their emails as quickly as possible. Make one sentence statements about what you’re looking for. For instance:

Hello,I’m emailing to see if you have those reports.Please send them through at your earliest convenience.We also need to schedule a meeting. How is Tuesday at 4pm for you?Best,Kat

谁都不愿意看到,明明几句话的内容,被展开到好几个篇章。这也是为何我们越来越少打工作电话——对话都废时间啊亲!

Too often, people will extrapolate what could be said in four lines into four meaty paragraphs. There’s no need for lengthy prose in email. People are busy, and need to digest information quickly. This is why we don’t call each other at work any more: No one has ten minutes to spend in conversation over something that only takes one sentence of text to convey. Likewise, no one has ten minutes to spend deciphering convoluted, unclear emails.

4. Start a new paragraph for each new point

新的要点就另起段落

每个任务要点都要另起段落,实际上英文邮件一个段落不要超过两句句子。如果你要说的事情需要长篇大论,你最好还是打电话给对方。否则你可能为此不停地在收发邮件。

Each new task point should be a new paragraph. As above, each paragraph should be no more than two short sentences. If something requires long passages of explanation, that’s probably a good indication that it needs a vocal conversation rather than an email. I can’t stress enough: With the volume of emails sent and received in the average person’s day, the briefer and clearer you can be, the better.

5. Use the rich text formatting option

用富文本写邮件

比如你的邮件有超链接,最好不要把长长的地址整个贴过来,而是用邮件超链接功能。适当的排版能让邮件更优美,界面体验更友好(大多数邮箱都支持html书写),但也不要玩过头用激进的字体和颜色。

If you have a link, don’t just copy and past the URL into your email. LINK YOUR TEXT. It’s neater, looks nicer, and shows that you know what you’re doing, as opposed to looking like some hack who copies and pastes URLs into emails. Don’t be that person. It’s . Use the rich text formatting option in your email to make your formatting look good. Italicize titles. Underline addresses. Don’t go overboard (no fancy colors or crazy fonts, dear god), but definitely use the tools at your disposal to make your email appear both user friendly and the work of a person with above par emailing skills (and by default, intelligence).

6. Have a signature

签名一定要正式

姓名、职务、邮箱、电话、传真、公司LOGO什么的。

Go to your settings and make an email signature. It should include your name, and depending on your profession, a contact phone number, link to your Twitter, and/or a few links to sites of relevance to you and whatever your job is. If you do something visual, have a logo, or the logo associated to your job. For instance, my signature says:

Kat George@kat_georgeBustle | [and a few other sites I write for, separated with these | and all linked]

7. Proofread

核对工作

发邮件不是跑步比赛比谁手快。写完邮件把整个邮件都检查仔细,从标题到附件到正文到签名。

This is simple, and you’re probably offended by how obvious it is, BUT I WOULDN’T HAVE TO SAY IT IF MORE OF YOU WOULD DO IT. It’s simple: before you send anything out, read it again. If it’s an especially important email, like a job application, see if one of your friends or family members will give it a once-over for you too. If you can’t do that, save the email as a draft, and walk away from it for ten minutes. You’ll be surprised at the clarity you’ll have after giving yourself a break from whatever you’re writing and coming back to it with fresh eyes. Remember: when it comes to important and work-related emails, it’s not always a race to get it out as fast as you can, but rather, an exercise in precision.

8. Always be nice

用语要友好

无论你跟谁发邮件,态度都一定要友好。消极情绪的词汇会在邮件中放大,因为对方并不是听着你说出消极的词汇,看到你比较友好的表情。记住,你在写邮件时候内心可能是读出来的,但读者只是从文字里获取你的思想。如果你确实要批评某人,同时要记得鼓励他做的好的地方。

No matter who you’re emailing or what it’s about, be nice. Even when you’re complaining about a service you’ve received, it will always work in your favor to start with something like “I am a loyal customer and big fan of your brand. Lately, I have been disappointed because…” Aggression can come off exceptionally aggressive in email, because you don’t have the benefit of your negative words being tempered by a gentle voice or sympathetic facial s. Remember that people aren’t reading what you’re writing in the tone you intended, but in the tone they set in their head, which is almost always going to be far more dramatic than you could’ve anticipated. If you’re reprimanding someone at work, be sure to also mention their good qualities. If you’re sending a tough email to a friend, remind them that you love them before getting into the nitty-gritty. Don’t make apologies—but do include positive statements with negative ones to promote diplomacy. And do your best to never start conversations off on the wrong foot.

9. For the love of God, do not use emoji in professional emails

看在上帝的份上,别在邮件里插表情!

Unless you’re emailing your boyfriend or your mom, DO NOT USE EMOJI. Whether it’s a fancy iPhone emoji or a makeshift colon and bracket smiley face, nothing makes you look less professional than including emojis in your email. If you feel the urge to emoji in a professional email, Gchat the following to your best friend a thousand times to get it out of your system。

另外,再给大家附上100句最常用的职场英语邮件句式,让你的职场邮件看起来更加专业地道。如果你对写好一封职场英文邮件还有拿捏不准的地方,也可以去类似口语侠、italkiee等平台上找专业外教帮你润色。

1. I am writing to confirm /enquire/inform you...

我写信时要确认/询问/通知你。。。

2. I am writing to follow up on our earlier decision on the marketing campaign in Q2.

我写信来追踪我们之前对于第二季度营销活动的决定。

3. With reference to our telephone conversation today...

关于我们今天在电话中的谈话。。。

4. In my previous e-mail on October 5...

先前在10月5日所写的信。。。

5. As I mentioned earlier about...

如我先前所提及关于。。。

6. as indicated in my previous e-mail...

如我在先前的信中所提出。。。

7. As we discussed on the phone...

如我们上次在电话中的讨论。。。

8. from our decision at the previous meeting...

如我们在上次会议中的决定。。。

9. as you requested/per your requirement...

按照你的要求。。。

10.In reply to your e-mail dated April 1,we decided...

回答你在4月1日写的信,我们决定。。。

11.This is in response to your e-mail today.

这是针对你今天早上来信的回复。

12. As mentioned before, we deem this product has strong unique selling points in china.

如先前所述,我们认为这个产品在中国有强有力且独一无二的销售点。

13. As a follow-up to our phone conversation yesterday, I wanted to get back to you about the pending issues of our agreement.

追踪我们昨天在电话中所谈,我想答复你我们合约的一些待解决的议题。

14. I received your voice message regarding the subject. I’m wondering if you can elaborate i.e. provide more details.

我收到你关于这个主题的留言。我想你是否可以再详尽说明,也就是再提供多一点细节。

15. Please be advised/informed that...

请被告知。。。

16. Please note that...

请注意。。。

17. We would like to inform you that...

我们想要通知你。。。

18. I am convinced that...

我确信。。。

19. We agree with you on...

我们同意你在。。。

20. With effect from 4 Oct., ...

从10月4日开始生效。。。

21. We will have a meeting scheduled as noted below...

我们将举行一个会议,时间表如下。

22. Be assured that individual statistics are not disclosed and this is for internal use only.

请确保个人信息不会外泄且只供内部使用。

23. I am delighted to tell you that...

我很高兴地告诉你。。。

24. We are pleased to learn that...

我们很高兴得知。。。

25. We wish to notify you that...

我们希望通知你。。。

26. Congratulation on your...

恭喜您关于。。。

27. I am fine with the proposal.

我对这份提桉没意见。

28.I am pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to join the workshop scheduled for 22-24 Nov,.

我很高兴地告诉你,你已经被同意参加11月22-24日的研讨会。

29. We are sorry to inform you that...

我们很抱歉地通知你。。。

30. I’m afraid I have some bad news.

我恐怕要带来一些坏消息。

31. There are a number of issues with our new system.

我们的新系统有些问题。

32. Due to circumstances beyond our control...

由于情况超出我们所能控制。。。

33. I don’t feel too optimistic about...

我觉得不太乐观关于。。。

34. It would be difficult for us to accept...

我们很难接受。。。

35. Unfortunately I have to say that, since receiving your enquiries on the subject, our view has not changed.

很不幸地,我必须这么说,自从收到你关于这个主题的询问,我们的看法都没有改变。

36. We would be grateful if you could...

我们会很感激如果你可以。。。

37. I could appreciate it if you could...

我会很感激如果你可以。。。

38. Would you please send us…?

可否请你寄给我们…?

39. We need your help.

我们需要你的帮助。

40. We seek your assistance to cascade/reply this message to your staff.

我们请求你的帮助,将此信息传达给你们的员工。

41. We look forward to your clarification.

我们期待你的澄清。

42.Your prompt attention to this matter will be appreciated.

您能立即注意此事,我们将非常感激。

43. I would really appreciate meeting up if you can spare the time. Please let me know what suits you best.

如果您能抽出时间,我希望能与你见面,请让我知道您最适合的时间。

44.Please give us your preliminary thoughts about this.

请让我知道你对于这件事情初步的想法。

45. Would you please reply to this e-mail if you plan to attend?

请您回信如果您计划参加?

46.Please advise if you agree with this approach.

请告知是否你同意这个方法。

47. Could you please let me know the status of this project?

请让我知道这个计划的进度?

48. If possible, I hope to receive a copy of your proposal when it is finished.

如果可能,当你完成提桉,我希望能收到一份复本。

49. I would appreciate it very much if you would send me your reply by next Monday.

如果能在下周一前收到您的答复,我将非常感激。

50. Hope this is OK with you. If not, let me know by e-mail ASAP.

希望您对此没有问题,如果不行,请利用电子邮件尽快让我知道。

51. Could you please send me your replies to the above questions by the end of June?

请您在6月份前答复我上述问题好吗?

52. May I have your reply by April 1, if possible?

如果可能,我可否在4月1日前收到您的答复?

53. If you wish, we would be happy to...

如果你希望,我们很乐意。。。

54. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to help.

请让我知道任何我可以帮得上忙的地方。

55.If there’s anything else I can do for you on/regarding this matter, please feel free to contact me at any time.

对于这件事,如果还有任何我能帮得上忙的地方,请不要客气,随时与我联络。

56.If you want additional recommendations on this, please let us know and we can try to see if this is possible.如果关于此事你需要额外的建议,请让我们知道,我们会尝试看看是否可能。

57. I’m just writing to remind you of...

我只是写信来提醒您。。。

58. May we remind you that...?

我们想要提醒您。。。

59. I am enclosing...

我附上。。。

60. Please find enclosed...

请查阅附件。。。

61. Attached hereto...

附件是关于。。。

62. Attached please find the most up-to-date information on/regarding/concerning…

附上关于某某的最新资料…

63. Attached please find the draft product plan for your review and comment.

附上产品计划书的草稿,请审查及评价。

64. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

如果你有任何问题,请不要客气与我联络。

65. I hope my clarification has been helpful.

希望我的说明是有帮助的。

66. Please feel free to call me at any time, I will continually provide full support.

请随时跟我联络,我会持续地提供全程支援。

67. Please let me know if this is suitable.

请让我知道这是否恰当。

68. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

期待很快能见到你。

69. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

我们期待很快能得到您的回复。

70. Hope this is clear and we are happy to discuss this further if necessary.

希望上述说明很清楚,如有必要,我们很乐意再进一步讨论。

71. I look forward to receiving your reply soon.

我期待很快能收到你的回复。

72. Looking forward to receiving your comments in due course.

期待在预期的时间收到你的反馈。

73. I’ll keep you posted.

我会与你保持联络。

74. Please keep me informed on the matter.

请随时让我知道这件事的发展。

75. For any comments/suggestions, please contact Nadia at 2552-7482.

任何评价或建议,请打电话2552-7482联络Nadia。

76. I would like to apologize for...

我想就。。。道歉。。。

77. I apologize for the delay in...

对于。。。的耽搁,我深感抱歉。

78. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

对于产生任何不便,我们感到抱歉。

79. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

对于造成你的任何不便,我感到抱歉。

80. I’m sorry about last time.

关于上次的事我很抱歉。

81.We apologize for not replying you earlier.

对于未能早一点回信给你,我们感到抱歉。

82. I’m really sorry about this.

关于这件事,我真的很抱歉。

83. Sorry, I’m late in replying to your e-mail dated Monday, April 1.

抱歉,太迟回您在4月1日(星期一)发给我的邮件。

84. We apologize for the delay and hope that it doesn’t inconvenience you too much.

我们为耽搁道歉,希望不会给您带来太多的不便。

85.Hoping that this will not cause you too much trouble.

希望不会为您带来太多的麻烦。

86.Sorry if my voice message is not clear enough.

如果我的电话留言不够清楚,我深感抱歉.

87. Thank you for your help.

谢谢你的帮助。

88. I appreciate very much that you...

我非常感激你。。。

89. I truly appreciate it.

我真的很感激。

90. Thank you for your participation.

谢谢你的参加。

91. Thank you so much for inviting me.

非常感谢你要请我。

92.Congratulations to all of you and thanks for your efforts.

恭喜各位并谢谢各位的努力。

93. Your understanding and cooperation is greatly/highly appreciated.

很感激你的理解及合作。

94. Your prompt response will be most appreciated.

很感激你快速的答复。

95. Once again, thank you all for your commitment and support.

再一次感谢你的承诺及支持。

96. Thanks for your input/clarification/message.

谢谢你的投入/澄清/信息。

97. Any comments will be much appreciated.

对于您的任何建议,我将非常感激。

98. Thank you very much for everything you’ve done for me.

谢谢你为我做的一切。

99. I would appreciate your kindest understanding with/regarding this matter.

我很感激你对这件事情的理解。

100. Please convey my thanks to all the staff involved, they certainly did an excellent job.

请表达我的谢意给那些有关的同仁,他们真的干得很好。

网友评论
网友评论仅供其表达个人看法,并不表明网站立场。
显示评论内容(4)
  1. 阑林筱笙2024-04-21 15:03阑林筱笙[黑龙江省网友]202.150.193.6
    4.写作直是我短板但我觉得这些建议会对我有帮助。谢谢!
    顶4踩0
  2. 咆哮乄2024-04-21 14:58咆哮乄[安徽省网友]203.32.49.239
    3.非常感谢分享这些写作技巧我觉得我可以在工作中立刻用。
    顶0踩0
  3. 一瞬间 ℃2024-04-21 14:52一瞬间 ℃[台湾省网友]103.26.2.94
    2.我直在苦恼如何写出更专业邮件这篇文章提供了很好指导。
    顶0踩0
  4. 情归→静处2024-04-21 14:47情归→静处[河北省网友]203.32.81.129
    1.这篇文章非常实用对于提升职场写作能力很有帮助。
    顶3踩0
推荐阅读
湘ICP备19021678号
Copyright © 2023 邵阳网 i0739.com